Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: mattmorgan1 at mac.com (Matt Morgan)
Date: Thu Oct 7 17:21:02 2004

On 08/10/2004, at 6:55, William G. Lamb, III wrote:

> Put all your cameras through the x-ray machine and hand your film
> loose in a baggie for hand screening. I shoot film which says
> professional on the cannisters and tell them I'm pushing all of it.
> Be creative and polite. As I look very tidy and not someone to mess
> with, I've not had trouble getting even my 200 ISO hand screened,
> even at Heathrow.

The main point I'd like to say about this, is surely this is only about
where you are going? If I'm going to Paris or New York etc., then I
just arrive and buy film there, apart from maybe one or two rolls I
travel with. I can understand if you're going on a professional mission
to the remote wilds where there is unlikely to be anything but Kodak
Gold, but to any major city?

I also try and get the films processed where I am. Very easy to do in
New York, London, Paris et al. I pack the negs rather than carry though
exposed film.

Just my 2 cents...

Matt.

Replies: Reply from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane)