Subject: [Leica] Re:zeiss icon and Rollei
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Oct 3 04:19:56 2004

On 10/2/04 9:40 PM, "Summicron1@aol.com" <Summicron1@aol.com> typed:

> since you've asked this twice now, i'll jump in and answer it.
>
> I don't want a new one. The last models that I know they made -- and for
> all
> i know still make in limited quantities -- were not a true rolleiflex
> because
> they did not have the "automat" feature that felt for the film and
> automatically started the film frame counter.
>
> My old 2.8 E model has it and it is that, not metering, that makes a true
> rolleiflex because it is SO much less hassle to load.
>
> c trentelman
> In a message dated 10/2/04 7:07:23 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:
>

>> And not to change the subject and dilute my finely honed point but how
>> many would believe you can still get a freshly made twin lens
>> Rolleiflex?

The new ones have Rolleicord bodies, noisy stiff shutter releases and won't
do 220.
Still the brand new wind angle version for me is a dream.
I do have a few friends who like their new ones. GX' S.
I'd not kick one out of bed on a cold night.
I get my 70's era 2.8 F back from Harry Fleenor any day now.
I'm real excited.
I'm bringing it to Williamsburg.

Mark Rabiner
Photography