Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Ikon
From: mikiro at yahoo.fr (MIKIRO)
Date: Sat Oct 2 23:08:58 2004

Didier-

You are really quick in hitting R-D1 sites in Japanese!

I pick up some interesting points here:
1. Cosina will sell black-paint bodies in Japan (from early next year),
while Hasselblad will sell silver ones in other countries (from next May).
2. Lenses will be on the market in November in Japan.
3. Mr. Kobayashi (CEO of Cosina) says that this project started at
Photokina 2002. If this is true, it took only two years! He also says
that Zeiss strongly requested a base-length as long as possible (to
obtain an advantage that old Contax had over Leica).
4. The photo shows that the lens mount and the inside seen through it
are identical to those of R-D1 except the shutter blades. (This camera
is a prototype and different from the production model.)

MIKIRO
Japan

Message from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] Zeiss Ikon)
Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Zeiss Ikon)