Subject: [Leica] Billingham Alice bag
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Fri Oct 1 17:19:24 2004

Mark Rabiner writes in part:

> I'm big on Billingham now.
>
> A few days ago at the corner pro shop I bought an Alice bag which
> was being priced. On consignment.
> 75 bucks! Plus it had a matching pouch on each side!
> Turns out like I guessed the AVEA pouches themselves don't cost 75
> buckseach new but 50. Close enough!
> And the bag goes new for between 150 and 175!!
> Although they took the "Alice" off the front of it now if you got
> a new one for all us macho photographers who don't like being called
> "Alice"
> behind or in front of our backs. It's called a gender bendering L2 now.

Hi Mark,

I've purchased 3 Billingham bags in 3 different sizes over the last few
years. A really big bag for my R system, a mid-size bag for M stuff and most
recently the Billingham Leica bag (for my LTM equipment). I was fortunate
enough to get 2 of these after they had been "previously enjoyed" for prices
that suggested the owners enjoyed them about as much as I enjoyed my one and
only Ford. Best camera bags for utility made! They wear like iron!

BTW, did you notice that if you scramble Alice it spells leicA?

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Billingham Alice bag)
Reply from timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton) ([Leica] Billingham Alice bag)