Subject: [Leica] Services for sale...
From: mcintyre at ca.inter.net (Jim and Bonnie McIntyre)
Date: Fri Oct 1 01:32:25 2004

A while ago Brian let it be know the LUG that the "Friday for sale" postings
could also include references to photography related services, as well as
equipment for sale. As long as it was relevant and not overstated, or
course. Well, this is what this posting is about.

I work in sales for a commercial sheetfed offset printer based in Canada. We
are one of the few offset printers in the world working with a version of a
screening process known as Stochastic screening. There are many "flavours"
of Stochastic screening, but what we have been working with is known as 10
micron Stochastic. If any of you are familiar with Lens Work magazine, they
are also printing using this process. The results are as close as you can
get to continuous-tone printing in a mass manufacturing environment. This
process does not replace the Epsom 2200 or related technologies. But it does
produce some amazing results. We also can print Stochastic using Hexachrome,
which is an enhancement to standard four-colour process.

Being a loyal LUG follower, I will gladly answer any inquiries about this
process, whether you intend to produce anything printed or not, or even if
you indend to ask your local supplier about it. I've been in the commercial
printing business for almost 20 years, so I've seen a few things here and
there. If you want to ask offline, or post to the LUG for everyone's
educational enhancement, I'll respond either way.

Cheers!

Jim

Replies: Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] Services for sale...)
Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] Services for sale...)