Subject: [Leica] Re: Yesterday's walk home
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Sep 30 23:55:33 2004

> A very beautiful city indeed... if you like graffiti. Your pictures are
> nice (composition & exposure), but the subject isn't. Sorry, I'm not a fan
> of graffiti regardless of how it is juxtapositioned.
>
> JB

Nor am I a fan of it. But here in Oslo it seems to have a very positive
effect. In my neighborhood (which is something like a real 'hood in
Philly) only the run-down buildings in need of renovation get marked up.
Once a building is renovated, they leave it alone. I almost get the
impression that it speeds up the renovation process. Most of the buildings
need it. The part of town I live in was thrown up in all haste in the
1890's and not a whole lot has been done to it since then. But now the
younger crowd (with money) are moving in and paying good money for the
buildings and fixing them up. Unfortunately all the renovated ones were in
the shade. There is at least one towards the end of the series.

But yes, there _is_ a lot of graffiti.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (robertmeier@usjet.net) ([Leica] Re: Yesterday's walk home)
Message from jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB) ([Leica] Re: Yesterday's walk home)