Subject: [Leica] RE: New Zeiss RF system online
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Sep 30 15:11:37 2004

On 9/28/04 11:08 AM, "Marc Attinasi" <attinasi@mac.com> typed:

> The lenses webpage says
>
> "The highly sophisticated lenses Distagon T* 2.8/15 ZM, Biogon T* 2.8/21 ZM
> and Sonnar T* 2/85 ZM complete the Carl Zeiss T* ZM-mount range and will be
> available in early 2005. ... We also decided to make these groundbreaking
> lenses, with the exception of the Biogon T* 2.8/21 ZM, at Carl Zeiss,
> Oberkochen in Germany. "
>
> and the FAQ says
>
> "Q: Who manufactures the ZI lenses?
> A: 2 types are manufactured by Carl Zeiss in Oberkochen, 5 types are
> manufactured by Cosina in Japan. "
>
> So the 15mm and the 85mm are German, Zeiss lenses, and the others are
> Cosina?
> I bet that 85 f2 will be incredible!
>
> Thanks for the links!
> - marc

I'd get it for the 15 and let Biogons be Biogons.
Or just not get "it" but just the 15 to put on my M6's.
And I don't have a 28 so I'd look into that.

Are these going to be at a higher price point than their Voigtl?nder named
lenses? That's what I would do. In real life though I'm not sure if that was
the case. That Voigtl?nder stuff was cheaper than Zeiss stuff.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/