Subject: [Leica] Re: what should photokina bring?
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Sep 27 16:48:03 2004

Adobe does not want to introduce another compression algorhythm, but a new
camera independent RAW format.

I doubt if this will be successful, because RAW is, until now, something
different on each digital camera, and I'm not shure if the manufacturers
will change the kind of their sensor-to-chip datatransfer just for Adobe -
this would be necessary if Adobe RAW should be the cameras native format.
Otherwise the proprietary RAW data must be converted to Adobe RAW data -
which costs time and makes the camera slower.

Though Adobe is very successful in marketing format standards (pdf), this
photokina news does not sound like "35mm film format fits all SF cameras
from the past 80 years" at all...

Didier

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re: what should photokina bring?)