Subject: [Leica] Google and Lots of Other Nouns Have Become Verbs
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu Sep 23 21:47:55 2004

It's kind of pathetic, though, how the very thing that would make a product
a household word on the lips of all far and wide, advertising you couldn't
buy, is also what the Legal Department is trying to avoid at all costs.

F'rinstance, in my mind, "Kleenex" is a synonym for "tissues."  As a
result, I always buy Kleenex. I do this even though I have known for 30
years that Scotties are better, because, when left in my pants pockets,
Scotties do not dissolve into shreds and lumps and lint that get all over
my entire load of wash.  Kleenex does.  But since Kleenex means tissues, I
still buy Kleenex.  I must be nuts.  The marketing bastards got me.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Google and Lots of Other Nouns Have Become Verbs)