Subject: [Leica] The Well Hung Photographer
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Thu Sep 23 10:31:28 2004

>Hi Walker,
>Absolutely! There are more photographers, certainly the older crew today
>who've back pain from heavy shoulder bags being carried over the years.

Hi Ted,
One other observation that Pop made was that in a tight spot the Speed
Graphic could be closed up and used as a club if necessary. I inherited
Pop's 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 and 4 x 5 Speeds and they are rugged pieces of
equipment. Years ago I had a nice 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 with Graflox (sp?) back
and roll holders. I'll always regret letting it go. It took some of the
sharpest photographs I've ever taken. It had an uncoated Tessar lens but
the negatives always had excellent contrast.

Walker

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] The Well Hung Photographer)