Subject: [Leica] R8 film scratch - way to prevent/fix?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Sep 21 21:13:18 2004

eric korenman asked:

> Ok- I jumped into an R8 today. It hasn't arrived yet, so like an nervous
> expectant father I
> did that >extra< bit of post-purchase googling.
> I discovered the  'R8 / R9 film scratch' issue...
>
> Searching the internet and LUG archives shows that this is an old issue.
> Was it ever resolved?  Is there a DIY fix?
> Do all R8s eventually scratch film no matter what you do?<<<<<

Eric don't hold your breath on this one I'd wait until I put film in the
camera before getting into a sweat.

I've gone through 4 R8's, sorry 5, and never experienced any scratches,
period! And mine have been used more than taking for a short walk on a
Sunday around the park!

And if it's something that Leica have acknowledged, other than the
scuttlebutt so often bantered about on the internet, I'm sure you'll find
the camera is still under warranty and it'll be fixed. So lad have a good
nights sleep and awake refreshed and ready to enjoy one great camera. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from leica_korenman at hotmail.com (eric) ([Leica] R8 film scratch - way to prevent/fix?)