Subject: [Leica] R8 film scratch - way to prevent/fix?
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 20:26:29 2004

In a message dated 9/21/2004 10:21:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
leica_korenman@hotmail.com writes:
Ok- I jumped into an R8 today. It hasn't arrived yet, so like an nervous
expectant father I
did that >extra< bit of post-purchase googling.
I discovered the  'R8 / R9 film scratch' issue...

Searching the internet and LUG archives shows that this is an old issue.
Was it ever resolved?  Is there a DIY fix?
Do all R8s eventually scratch film no matter what you do?

Drat,
Eric

hey, calm down.  Wait until you get the camera.  Shoot some film.  If it
scratches, you have a problem. Get it fixed. If it doesn't, enjoy.
Otherwise buy
the new digi back as I understand there is NO film scratching problem with
it!

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?, crawfish

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] R8 film scratch - way to prevent/fix?)