Subject: [Leica] Re: FW: Black and White C41 Film
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Tue Sep 21 15:46:18 2004

James:

>Comparing results with C41 B&W to the results I got with Plus-X, Super XX,
>and Tri-X
>in the 1950s and 60s when I had my own darkroom, I have been somewhat
>disappointed.

Don't need a darkroom.  Just a bathroom that can be darkened for a few
minutes to load your film.  If your scanning your chromogenic film, there's
no reason why you can't scan your silver halide film.

The main advantage I see to C41 B&W is that you can use the infrared channel
on many scanners to help eliminate dust and scratches.

The main advantage I see to doing your own conventional B&W is that you
don't need to eliminate dust and scratches that were placed there by the
stupid lab.  :)

Come on.  You know you really want to.  :)

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Re: FW: Black and White C41 Film)