Subject: Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica
From: MCyclWritr at aol.com (MCyclWritr@aol.com)
Date: Mon Sep 20 16:32:32 2004

>>grduprey@rockwellcollins.com writes:

I think they would be much better off designing a digital M from  scratch.
And frankly it doesn't have to look EXACTLY like the current M,  close
would be good enough.

Feli<<

>From scratch, yes. But, good gawd, talk about thinking inside a very
>tightly
defined, old-time box. I don't care if the digital M looks like a  one-liter
bottle of Castrol 20W-50. If it uses my M lenses and produces  images as
good
as my Digital Rebel (I won't hold it to my 20D's standards) I'm a  happy M
dude.

Let's make it easy on the Solmsoidians. Encourage them to dip a toe. Take
chance. Be more than they thought they could be.

All together, now: "C'mon Fritz, you can do it!"

Ooops, that's the BMW motorcyclists' chant. Never mind.

-Chris Lawson, pondering the excitement of trying get an oil
container-shaped camera through airport  security