Subject: Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Mon Sep 20 15:05:18 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 14:53, Douglas M. Sharp wrote:
> Feli,
> I think this is what we've all been dreaming of, simply replacing the
> pressure plate with a digital sensor. More or less what Leica is doing
> with the SLR back. But what a price !
> Douglas

Well, if they made a digital back for the current M we would probably
be limited to a x1.3 crop factor. You simply can't fit a full frame
sensor inside the film gate. And it would be clunky. I'm guessing a
add-on back would protrude a good 1cm off the back of the camera. I
think they would be much better off designing a digital M from scratch.
And frankly it doesn't have to look EXACTLY like the current M, close
would be good enough.

Feli

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) (Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica)
Message from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) (Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica)