Subject: [Leica] Eddie Adams Passed Away Today
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sun Sep 19 20:57:01 2004

GREG LORENZO wrote:
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=716&e=8&u
=/ap/20040919/ap_on_re_us/obit_adams

I too read of Eddie Adams passing, and in a strange, unexpected way,
it feels like a passing of part of my life.
4 images define the Vienam War for me:  The self-immolation
of the Most Venerable Thich Quang Duc in 1963, the 1968 VC execution
photo by Eddie Adams, the photo by Huynh Cong ("Nick") Ut,
of the young, naked girl (Pham thi Kim Phuc) burned by napalm
bomb  in 1972, and the helicopter on the American embassy rooftop
in 1975.  Strong emotions remain after more than 30 years.

May Eddie Adams rest in peace.

- Phong