Subject: [Leica] Re: [CVUG] Details on the new CV offerings!
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man)
Date: Sat Sep 18 12:31:33 2004

Thanks Karen, the plot thickens....

At 04:20 AM 9/18/2004, Karen Nakamura wrote:
>* They are not long-baselength rangefinders (I don't know where Bob Shell
>got his info that the new long baselength Zeiss is based on the R3A,  it
>might be but obviously not the rangefinder). The optical BL of the new
>R2A/R3a is the same as in the R2.

 From the mock up picture, it is clear that the new Zeiss has a much longer
baselength than the R2/3s. So why would they do that if they are basing it
on the R3A? A long baselength + 1.0 mag. would be a killer combo for high
accuracy needed lens like the Noctilux, 75/1.4 etc. no?

Of course, there's the all important Q of digital or film... I wonder if
this is one of the most successful teaser campaigns in camera introduction
history,

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: [CVUG] Details on the new CV offerings!)