Subject: [Leica] Nepal: gear
From: oliverbryk at iqmail.net (Oliver)
Date: Fri Sep 17 20:43:08 2004

Alastair, when I went trekking in the western Himal and in the Karakoram
about 15 years ago I took only two lenses, a 50mm and a 24mm. I did not own
a 135mm; I could have used it quite a few times. BTW I understand that the
original Leitz 135mm was developed for mountain photography. I had some
problems with moisture and humidity because we hiked for days in torrential
monsoon rains. By all means take a 35mm spare camera. Don't drink or smoke
at altitude; the most important UV filter is the PF60 sunblock for your
body.
Have a great trip!
Oliver

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Nepal: gear)