Subject: [Leica] Re: LEICA Viewfinder Magnifier 1,25x
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Fri Sep 17 18:03:03 2004

Because of its additional glass elements,  the view
through the 1.25x magnifier plus Leica M camera
viewfinder is somewhat dimmer than through the
unadorned camera finder. That sounds like an argument
for using the .85 finder rather than the .72 plus the
1.25x magnifier.

But another factor to consider is that the .85
viewfinder's 50mm frame line is rather abbreviated on
the bottom. The .72 finder's 50mm bottom frameline is
more complete.

So, for me, the .72 is a better viewfinder than the
.85 just because of that. I like a really useful
bottom frameline and use my 50mm lens a lot.

Finally, with the improved MP-type viewfinder, I find
the .72 view so clear and bright now, I no longer see
any need for either the .85x or for the 1.25x gizmo.

But this is definitely one of those things that each
person has to try and decide alone.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal