Subject: [Leica] Some photos from the last night at Raley Field this year
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Sep 17 15:40:11 2004

The River Cats played their last home game of the season on Wednesday
night, the 2nd game of the Pacific Coast League championship series.
So a nice reason to be playing minor league baseball in September!

This young man was sitting on the fence to greet some of his favorite
baseball players. I think he was practicing to be "The Bambino" and
was calling his shot!

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-09/LastBallGame/CallingHisShot.jpg>

The image was cropped, mostly to reduce the bright background from the top.

This pleasant couple was enjoying my wife's photo compilation of the
ball players and their wives, and our friends in stands. All shot with
a Canon D30. She has improved her photography a great deal in the past
year or two!

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-09/LastBallGame/Couple.jpg>

This is a full-frame scan.

During the 7th Inning Stretch Dinger, the River Cats mascot, brought a
young helper on the field while the mom captured the moment. And I
captured her moment!

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-09/LastBallGame/CatAndHelper.jpg>

This is very slightly cropped.

During the game Curtis, who works for Waste Management Corp, comes
through with big trash bags and picks up cups and food containers and
other stuff. He also leads cheers and is a favorite with the crowd.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-09/LastBallGame/Curtis.jpg>

Tech details: All shot with R8 and 100mm APO.

The first two images are on TMAX100, processed in the JOBO in XTOL 1:3
for 9:54 (there is a 5 minute pre-soak built into the processor).

The 2nd two images are Tri-X @ 1600, processed in the JOBO in XTOL 1:3
I'm trying out different development times. The little girl and Dinger
was processed for 10:15 while Curtis was developed for 12:36. I've
decided that with the presoak the times Kodak recommends for
small-tank hand developing is much closer to the mark. The presoak
seems to speed things up a bit.

You comments, suggestions, etc are most welcome.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from george at imagist.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Some photos from the last night at Raley Field this year)
Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Some photos from the last night at Raley Field this year)
Reply from jon.stanton at comcast.net (Jon) ([Leica] Some photos from the last night at Raley Field this year)