Subject: [Leica] Travelling in south-western utah - suggestions?
From: lists at heninger.org (Wade Heninger)
Date: Fri Sep 17 13:06:06 2004

> My wife and I are taking a bit of holiday and driving over to
> south-western Utah to check out the national parks: Zion, Bryce, the
> North Rim, etc etc as well as Monument Valley and Canyon de Chelly.
>
> If you frequent those areas we'd LOVE some hints for things we might
> not think of.
>
> Obviously I'm taking very camera I own.

Its hard to go wrong in southern Utah.

Personally I stay away from Zion and head to some of the lesser known areas.
My favorite area is Escalante Monument - head down hole in the rock road are
some great slot canyons (spooky gultch etc).

You can also hit the needles area in Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Dead Hores
State Park, Paria Canoyon.

I mostly backpack in these areas, but there are some great things down
there.

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Travelling in south-western utah - suggestions?)