Subject: [Leica] Re: Collecting Leicas
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Fri Sep 17 12:47:55 2004

The collectors I know will sometimes use even their
most valuable cameras and lenses as photographic
tools. And many of these people are also very fine
photographers in various formats.

I have yet to meet the stereotypical fetishist for
Leica. Neither have I met a Ferrari collector who
cannot drive at speed nor a fountain pen collector
unable to craft a sonorous paragraph.

Don't get all snooty about dedicated collectors until
you talk to a few. Often, as their sincere passion
grows, so too does their knowledge.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from joelct at singnet.com.sg (Joseph Low) ([Leica] Re: Collecting Leicas)