Subject: [Leica] Digilux digressions and dioramas part III, the thundering conclusion
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu Sep 16 21:03:16 2004

Uh-oh, I think I'm channelling Mark Rabiner tonight.

I just had this vision of a new Leica product introduction at Photokina:
the 35/90mm Duo-Lagavulicron.  It features a hollow double-aspherical
element that can be filled with the LUG's favorite liquid refreshment.  One
zooms the lens to 90mm by adding the precious stuff to the hollow element,
thereby increasing its index of refraction and adding a bit of "warming
filter" at the same time.   To zoom out to wide angle, one slowly draws the
scotch out of the lens through a convenient Schott glass tube which
protrudes slightly from under the lower left corner of any Leica M.

Recommended accessories to the Lagavulicron include the Tilley lens shade,
in stylish black canvas, with a persnickety Canadian brass mounting
ring.  Also the Mephisto tripod, with its air-bladder "anti-choque" image
stabilization system.

(I really need to get more sleep.  Mark, honk if you see Rod Serling. . .
:-)

--Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Digilux digressions and dioramas part III, the thundering conclusion)