Subject: [Leica] LEICA MP VIEWFINDER & Other points of vue
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Wed Sep 15 13:37:10 2004

Hello all!

I'm looking to buy another Leica M Body, I've read that MP viewfinder is
much better than traditional M6 ones, more brilliant, and it has totally
eliminated the occasional flare on the focusing. MP has other improvements
too, but I don't know if this pay or justify the price difference, I would
like receive your opinions.

MP has too better electronics, top plate in brass, but these things are not
in my opinion very important to take better pictures. Some of my preferred
pictures I take  with a old second hand M3 with a old and not in very good
condition rigid Summicron. The reason? I still had my Leica R equipment with
5 lenses, when I've started with the M3 I should be concentrated in my
imagination, what can I do with only a lens?, a lot of things!, the other
reason I think is the excellent viewfinder of the M3. After I've buyed a M6
with other lenses, and few months ago a M6 TTL 0,85x and I have
re-discovered a similar pleasure as with the M3, now I really hesitate when
I'll buy my next body, if in 0,72 or 0,85, and I think in 0,85. For the 28 I
use a Voigtlander external viewfinder.

I would like to discuss about your opinions and personal experience with the
various points I've described.

Best!
Luis

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] LEICA MP VIEWFINDER & Other points of vue)