Subject: [Leica] Canon 135/3.5 lens
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Sep 15 08:33:30 2004

Ken

I use this lens on a M6, can't tell for a IIIf.

Plus:
-I agree with Douglas' opinion about this lens as a quite sharp performer
with nice bokeh; though I didn't have this blueish haze on any picture -
must be the coating, indeed.

Minus:
-What I dislike a little is the fact, that the aperture ring is moving with
the focus ring as soons as this one is turned, and contrariwise. This means
you need to hold the focus ring with one hand when you move the aperture
ring with the other hand (if you dont want to focus again after aperture
setting); and you have to hold the camera body when you move the focus
ring. Thats not very ergonomic and you need to get used to it. I don't know
any other RF 3.5/135mm lenses, maybe they're all built like that (anyone
can say more about that? Would be interesting).

-The Canon 135mm viewfinder is very small, has no framelines and is very
unsharp on the edges. I use the russian turretfinder, which is much better.

But I would say if you use the lens only from time to time, why not buying
it? You can resell it anytime for the same price you bought it. But dont
pay much more than $100 for a EXC++ one.

Didier

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Canon 135/3.5 lens)