Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 37: Schiphol and Almere
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Sep 11 08:13:25 2004

This week I am trying to be Geebee...

My office is near Amsterdam's Schiphol airport, and from our smoking
terrace on the roof we have a pretty nice view:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_37.jpg

Some people have a pretty strange hobby: like birders, they watch and
take notes, but what they watch is planes. There are special
"spotterplaatsen" set up around the perimeter of the airport:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_37alt1.jpg

Then we shift gear...last Sunday morning I took a drive around my
neighbourhood and came across this field with bales of hay:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_37alt2.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_37alt3.jpg
I converted these two pictures to B&W using the method suggested by B.D.
I am quite pleased with these, they are certainly better than my
previous efforts in this area.

Near my house is a group of trees called "The Green Cathedral". It is
really a piece of concept art, a bunch of trees planted in a church-like
layout; according to the explanations on the info boards these trees
only live about 10 years, so in a couple of years this work of art will
presumably be gone since they were planted in '96:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_37alt4.jpg

Finally a view under a bridge less than 1 km from my house. I like this
spot very much because of the always chaning light:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_37alt5.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands