Subject: [Leica] The story of my detention by the NYPD
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Thu Sep 9 17:01:25 2004

Hello Scott,

Only got the softies myself for my last travels in
June of this year. My hands aren't that large and
I used the softie every way I could. No matter how
I used it on the MP and M5, I got a smoother release.

As for the 28 ASPH, I use it mainly on my .72 M7.
I do my final framing with the camera v/f which
seems pretty accurate. I used the lens for some
months successfully with just the camera v/f but
was not comfortable doing this for more considered
shots, so I bought a plastic Leica 28mm finder on
eBay which helps me with the overall composition.

I believe the M7 meter is slightly improved over
the M6 meter and I have a few more shutter speeds
than you do on "Auto", but in contrasty situations at
least with the 26 the meter works quite well. I guess
you could bracket a bit until you are confident. I have
a Gossen F2 with which I sometimes take incident
readings and frequently the camera meter agrees.

Perhaps you will recall the picture from my B&B
in the Cotswolds which I posted on the Leica Forum?
I think it shows how much resistance the lens has to
veiling glare. Of course, it's damn sharp too! :-)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/Chipping-Campden/LUG3>
This was taken with the camera meter.

Good Shooting!

William