Subject: [Leica] I R.I.P. ILFORD now Delta3200
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Sep 8 04:33:50 2004

On 9/7/04 11:58 AM, "Nathan Wajsman" <nathan.wajsman@planet.nl> typed:

> Hi Feli,
>
> My choice is Neopan 1600 processed in XTOL or Fuji developer.
>
> But to each his own...
>
> Nathan

I agree. It's a full non pushed two stops faster than 400 films. (as it's a
true 1600 with most developers and dilutions)

And in Xtol 1:3 it passes for a 400 film in D76 1:1 rated normally.
In both grain and sharpness.

It's my favorite film. I'd been using Delta 400 before.

Feli if you find it too "contrasty" just take 4 minutes off your development
time and it will be too low contrast. Or 4 off of that if that is not enough
to put it at any paper grade you want..
Contrast in films is just mainly this.
development time. Or amount of development. (of the neg)

Unless you've got yourself some x-ray film.

Or tech pan which used to be called High Contrast Copy film. Used for titles
with D19. I used to use it when it was called that.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/