Subject: [Leica] B&W - hope for the future?
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Sep 6 01:54:43 2004

In a week of depression about Ilford, I just thought I would share this with
you
all.

In the course of this weekend both my kids asked me for B&W film for their
cameras; both use P&S, not Leicas (well they are only about ten!). When I
asked
my daughter she said it produced "different" images. She was very upset when
said she could get B&W for Adv***** cameras. (That is right isn't it?)

My son was with me at Goodwoood (more of that later) shooting roll after
roll
of, as he calls them "action shots", of GT40s, Lolas and the like. When he
ran
out of film he asked me what I had left. On being told that I only had one
roll
of B&W film on me, he said "I'd like to try that". Needless to say he shot
off
the whole roll in probably unsuitable conditions. He wanted the images. A
broad
grin was on his face as yet another roll rewound itself.

The film: why, FP4+ - of course.

Peter

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] B&W - hope for the future?)