Subject: [Leica] R.I.P. ILFORD
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Sep 5 07:14:44 2004

> The wake and funeral are over, and it's time to move on.<<<<<

Well as time moves along with electronics and digital cameras taking over
the world we're going to see any number of events like this. Certainly in
various stages of collapse or re-structuring to do other things
photographic.

I feel sorry for the worker bees who'll loose they're livelihood, but it
isn't anything we on this list can do about, as it's merely evolution of
mankind and the industries of our time. Why I bet some of the digital camera
producers of today will be long gone in a few short years because the
companies with the smartest engineers and future thinking management /
marketing people will advance those who can and fold those who can't!

ted