Subject: [Leica] Reinhold Muller, Leica tech in Toronto Canada - kaput?
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:30 2004

> I've been swapping email with Tom Abrahamsson & Gregory Hitt
> about this.
>
> It appears that Mr Muller - famous Toronto-based Leica tech - has
> had his phone disconnected and doesn't respond to Qs from
people
> waiting for repairs.
>
> Does anyone have any info on what happened to him?  There are
> unsubstantiated rumours on photo.net that he has gone bankrupt,
> but this is just gossip/ hearsay.
>
> Anyone have any less speculative info?

On two occassions I had less than spectactular work done by him.
The worst - the camera came back from service prior to a mjaor trip
with an additional "gouge" on the front plate where the red dot had
obviously been levered off - it' sill there - (it had not been replaced
with a new one but had been gouged as well). Half way through the
owrk trip this M6 completeley seized up and was unusable fro the
rest of the six weeks I was away. On sending to Sherry Krauter she
wondered who had buthchered the insides? (apparently she had
only ever seen this problem with a few others before) and she very
clearly put it down to whoever had worked on the camera before
(which had been the only prior work on the camera). It took another
$250.00 to fix.

So I woukdn't be suprised if he is out of business.

tim