Subject: [Leica] Re: A new real photojournalism magazine
From: dean at tbc.t-com.ne.jp (Dean)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:26 2004

Hey there!

> Heck, even demonstrators in the Middle East, Africa, Latin America,
> and all of Europe know you need signs in English for the message to
> be relevant.

Solid point. That'll be why everyone takes notice and gives them what
they want.

In Japan they do use English too, in signs. My current favourite goes
something like (exactly actually) "Before passing gas I look behind me.
But I don't bother when I'm smoking." This is a Japan Tobacco ad,
encouraging its customers to be 'good smokers.' To keep this vaguely on
topic, I most recently saw this sign outside Tokyo Big Sight today, on
my way to Photo Expo 2004, where I handled the Epsom RD1, fondled an M7
and MP (see, on topic), and scored a really nice A2 sized print of a
Raymond Depardon shot from Epsom.

Photos here

http://www.pgallery.net/deanjohnston/folder-6461.html

Yours,