Subject: [Leica] FS: Focomat 1C and Leitz Easel
From: warren at whatrix.com (Warren Allen)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:24 2004

Hi ALL, I'M SELLING MY Focomat 1C Enlarger for $500.    The easel is
included and is necessary for the auto-focus to work. That?s how
incredible the tolerances are Also included is the hard to find
negative mask..a must. There is also an older Leitz Elmar 50mm f3.5
enlarging lens included as well as the extenation tube, DOORX,necessary
for the focus to work. It will accept any 35mm enlarging lens which is
most. This is a condenser enlarger and the condenser sits directly on
the negative holding it flat. Once again the design prevents any
undesirable effects from this. The enlarger works perfect and was
recently rewired from post to lamp house. Switch works. All movement is
silky smooth and just a pleasure to use. A good copy of the
instructions are included to make setup understood if not a breeze. The
only downsides are ones of cosmetics. There is some slight surface rust
on some pieces, mostly on the cross pieces that hold the arms and
enlarger head. I was going to polish it all up when I got it but it
doesn?t effect the performance one bit so I left it. Where I attempted
this it came right off with minimal polishing and this enlarger could
be brought to near mint with an afternoon of elbow grease, but like I
said it works great as-is. I?m only selling it as I just don?t have
room for a dark room and won?t for a year or 2.
Contact me off list at:
notrix@cox.net

Thanks,
Warren