Subject: [Leica] What camera to bring??
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:22 2004

>If you were going on a short trip, wanted less weight to carry, and could
>only bring 1 camera and 1 lens, what would you bring??

I'm on a two-week trip through Southern France, Spain, and Germany
right now. I'm carrying my M7 + Summicron 35mm f/2 (non-ASPH). I have
a 50mm Summicron and 90mm f/4 in my backpack but haven't used them at
all. So my vote would be for an M camera + 35mm.

That being said, I'm also carrying a Canon EOS 10D w/  28-135mm IS
USM lens. It's my little experiment with digital. So far I do like
being able to preview images at night, but counting against it:
  * Keeping dust off the sensor is a full-time job, it's worse than
dusting images because once its on
    the sensor, it ruins all of the images for that day
  * It's darn heavy and big
  * I  have to remember to recharge batteries and download CF cards

The positives:
  *  Being able to change ISO on the fly (and the 10D controls make it
very simple to do this) is truly wonderful. This more than anything
is the digital advantage.

But all being said and done, if I were to only carry one camera on a
trip across Europe, I'd carry my M7+35mm.  If I were repeating this
trip and could carry two cameras, I'd repeat my setup and  get the
16-35mm L lens for the  EOS 10D.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] What camera to bring??)