Subject: [Leica] For Sale
From: dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:21 2004

Gruppe-
I made the plunge and bid on a Monitor Calibrator on the auction site that
shall go un-named and as has happened in the past- I won two bids at once.
The upshot is that I have an extra very nice USB Chroma4 Color Sensor
monitor calibrator by Sequel Imaging. It is in excellent condition, and I
will provide the current USB drivers from Sequel. I know it works great with
the Colorblind software- the programs I got run about $190 if downloaded and
include a scanner target, but it should work with just about any CMS
software out there- I know it works with the MonacoEZ system too.
I am asking just what I paid for it- $45 plus USPS priority mail postage.

I got Colorblind's "ProveIt!" and "Colormatic software" which I would
recommend to anyone other than professionals who want/need to spend several
K$ on software. It's relatively cheap, and works well for me, and I was a
complete boob about color management last week!- I calibrated everything,
got my monitor, scanner and Epson 1200 profiles, and when I printed the test
file of Kodak's Shirley, was surprised at how well the system works!
I got really brave, and bought Media Street's Niagara II with the
Generations ink, made a new profile for the printer using the new ink and my
trusty Epson Heavyweight Matte paper, and was pleasantly surprised that the
results were very good, again without any tweaking (a process I am starting
to read up on!).
Please respond off list to dpost@triad.rr.com
Dan