Subject: [Leica] Need feedback on possible trade up. Or should I say down?
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:19 2004

Jerry Lehrer wrote:
> Good Lord!  I switch 'tween an M2, M6, Nikon F2 and an R 4 with
> NO thoughts whatsoever as to what I have in my hands.  NO problem
> whatsoever.  My hands seem to know what I am shooting.  Only a
> rank beginner would worry which way the knob turns.

Count me among the rank beginners then.  Once in a while, I use a
borrowed M6 TTL along with my own M6 Classic, and more than 95% of
the time, there's no problem.  But once in a great while, I bring
the camera to my eye, quickly turn the dial, and it's in the WRONG
direction.  It happens only once in a great while, but it happens.
Same with the confusion over the 50/75 frameline.  I use both of them,
but avoid using both of them in the same shoot.

BTW, I happen to prefer the shutter speed dial on the M6 TTL.

- Phong