Subject: [Leica] Digilux 2 review pt posted - many samples
From: attinasi at mac.com (Marc Attinasi)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:16 2004

I will certainly check out the Nikon when it arrives, but my experience
with Nikon has not been good.  I had an N70 and I hated it, sold it
after one month - total crap (though the pics were OK on the few frames
that were in focus).

I bet, religious wars aside, the Canon and Nikon $999 DSLR's will be
quite comparable anyway. For the record, I have no real affinity for
either Nikon or Canon - but I do like to shoot in low light and it
seems to me that these are the best low light digital cameras in the
price range (assuming the Nikon is on par with the Canon). Maybe I
should just buy a better film scanner and a bunch of film... this
digital crap is about as exciting buying a new computer (which is
slightly less interesting than buying a new dishwasher). I still get
shivers from looking at a roll of freshly processed slides though.
Damn, I must be getting old...

- marc