Subject: [Leica] Digilux 2 review pt posted - many samples
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:15 2004

B. D. Colen writes, and writes, and writes...and writes:

> Lighten up, Greg. He said it was a "good little camera." I'm sure
> it is. I've also seen the posted jpgs and raw files, and this is not a
> camera
> for anyone who really needs to do serious photography at above 200
> iso - if that fast - and in anything but slow motion.

In spite of what you think, like most of us on the Lug I can read a review
and come to a informed conclusion for myself. Sean Reid's review of the
Digilux II was thorough and he seemed to discuss not only all the good
points and bad points of this camera in a fair and balanced manner. In other
words, a good objective review. I don't want to buy one, he does.

> The difference between us, I suspect from reading your posts on this
> subject, complete with your communications with Van Ripper, is
> that I have absolutely no emotional investment in the success OR failure
> of the Digilux2.

Maybe you would be better off on the Lug (and in life in general I suspect)
not ascribing motives, assuming hidden agenda's, and just generally assuming
things at all. People who do this only end up appearing rather foolish. To
continually behave in this manner on a public list is not only foolish but
it also appears to be "Troll Like".

>Frankly, I'd love it if someone could produce a Leica or
> Leica-like digital camera for $1800. But I don't consider a camera
> witha top, very noisy, iso of 400, with no raw buffer and
> therefore 6 seconds between shots, a leica=like camera, even if its
> controls are
> appearance are faux-Leica. Because Leica, to me, as always been
> synonymous with the best, the highest quality - whether or not
> high-priced. And with those drawbacks, that camera is, to my way of
> thinking, neither. Maybe the illusive digital M will be; one can only
> hope.

Rather than spending your time continually ranting and raving about this on
the LUG (see above), why don't you either wait (quietly) for someone else to
build it or build it yourself? Until then, you may want to consider spending
your time more productively.
Perhaps you could write a review of your Olympus digital camera and post it
"OT" to the Lug?

> B. D.
>
> P.S. - Why don't YOU Email Sean or Greg and ask them, as you did Van
> Ripper? Of course the answer still won't eliminate the glaring
> problemswith the camera, will it?

I know whom Sean Reid is, and I do have his email address, I don't see any
need for him to confirm that I can both read and retain what I've read. I
can email him if you'd like if it help YOU to understand what he wrote? But
just exactly who is the "Greg" you refer to in you're P.S. above?

Regards, as always,

Greg