Subject: [Leica] Yesterday's portrait
From: daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Sep 1 03:01:30 2004

My wife and I took a walk in the forest after work yesterday, between rain
showers.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album13/04v36_0012

I've had trouble getting some contrast into 400TX every since it came out
about a year ago. I had given up and exchanged all of my unopened "bricks"
for Tmax400. I had a few rolls left from an opened package that I couldn't
exchange and decided to get drastic. It was raining, the light was flat
and the forest was dark. So I said, underexpose and over develop in
HC-110. If that doesn't give you contrast, nothing will.

The negatives are thin, very thin ... but they seem to work.

I had read that Ted and Sandy Carter shot their book with 400TX at 800 and
their results are fantastic, so ... :) (get the book!)

Daniel