Subject: [Leica] If You Absolutely Loved Your 1970 Vintage 105 Nikkor, Raise Your Hand!
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Tue Aug 31 14:03:29 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 13:54, Buzz Hausner wrote:
> I bought a Nikkor 105/2.5 in, I think, 1970 and used it a lot for twenty
> years.  There's no sense comparing the qualities of any thirty-five year
> old lens to a current production Leica lens.  However, I recall that I
> felt the same emotional attachment to that lens as people seem to feel
> to the 35 Summilux Aspheric and the 90 AA, which is saying quite a lot.
>
>       Buzz Hausner

Then again absolute sharpness isn't everything. I have both the current
2/50 Summicron and a Summicron DR and prefer the look of the DR.

FEli

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] If You Absolutely Loved Your 1970 Vintage 105 Nikkor, Raise Your Hand!)
Reply from masonster at gmail.com (David Mason) ([Leica] If You Absolutely Loved Your 1970 Vintage 105 Nikkor, Raise Your Hand!)