Subject: [Leica] Lenses without digital Bodies, Anyone?
From: locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke)
Date: Tue Aug 31 12:28:23 2004

> -----------
> Bob seems unhappy with the Kodak DCS

Kodak digital cameras have always sucked. Evan with the canon and nikon
bosies.

...which is one reason Nikon and Canon went on their own.

>and escoriates Nikon for
> not producing digital backs for existing pro 35mm film
> cameras. Leica has one, I believe the latest R8.

This is all Kodak did. There is no reason Nikon or Canon cannot do the same
....if they choose to.
(personally, I HATE and will never get used to thumb wheels and LCD screens
for controls)

 >He seems
> concerned about his lens armory. They can be used with Nikons
> like the D70, for example. Is he crying in his beer?

NOT REALLY!!!
I can live with no in camera metering as I have a decent incident meter, but
it seems that the Nikon digital come no where close to recognising REAL
light readings. 2 stops out EASY!

When is 200ISO not 200 ISO?  When its in a digital camera.

> However, we who own M lenses will have no such problem,
> because I assume the digital M body will accept my good old
> f1.5 50mm Summarit without any qualification.

We already have R2-D2 :^)

> Bob, spurned by both fate and destiny, Rosen

As have all of us of a certain age (which may be everyone on this list)
The world as we know it has ended.

Greg (headed for the iceflows) Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland