Subject: [Leica] Re. Conformity in Athens NOW BEING A SHOOTER!
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Mon Aug 30 13:15:27 2004

When I switched to autofocus for my SLR use (for
lenses above 50mm) I decided to get the Nikon F5 --
not Canon -- so I could keep my trusty old F2AS bodies
as backups and as cameras for the roughest conditions.
I also wanted to continue using certain Nikon MF
lenses I'd grown to love (the 105/2.5, for example).
Nikon also had the best flash system at the time

Leica R cameras were not even a consideration then. It
was much too costly to buy another set of Leica
lenses, the cameras (R7 and earlier) had very ordinary
specs, and I really wanted AF -- which I find really
useful in an SLR.

Now with digital all around, my Nikons make the
transition a little more complicated. So, with an eye
on the future, I have some regrets about going Nikon,
not Canon. But the Nikon gear has been 100% reliable
and I'll have a hard time parting with the now trusty
F5. It remains an extraordinary film-exposing machine.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal