Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 35: Rain
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Aug 29 21:09:57 2004

Our alleged summer in the Netherlands is coming to an end without really
ever starting. This is a nice country with many attractive features, but
climate is NOT one of them. So this week's theme is rain.

First, a view from the harbour of Harderwijk, about 25 km from where I
live. It is a lovely little town with delicious smoked eel being its
main claim to local fame. Last Saturday we went for a long walk around
the town; I then looked over the water at the threatening sky:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_35.jpg
We live somewhere behind the wind mills in the distance on the left,
more or less where the rain is really coming down.

Sometimes the sun does come out to tease for a short while. This is a
bike path near my home:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_35alt1.jpg

Amsterdam is always attractive, even when the weather is bad. The locals
and tourists still swarm around the Bloemenmarkt (flower market on the
Singel canal), but equipped accordingly:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_35alt2.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_35alt3.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands