Subject: [Leica] BD Colen and that 747
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun Aug 29 15:10:49 2004

At 01:30 PM 8/29/04 -0400, B. D. Colen wrote:
>So now it was either something posted on the Washington Post website, or
>MSNBC website - and there is a world of difference between MSNBC and the
>Washington Post - NINE MONTHS ago. And at THAT TIME there was a
>continuing investigation, although there was apparently already a
>conclusion that finding this plane meant nothing. And that's what you
>who always require facts from others site as a source? And I'M getting
>sillier with age? Oh, Marc, Marc, Marc... :-)
=====================

Yes, you certainly are, BD.

My demand for sources is generally concerned with on-topic posts:  when
folks make a blanket statement that, for instance, the 2/5cm collapsible
Sonnar will "outperform", say, the 2/5cm Voigtl?nder Skopar on the
Prominent, I want more than someone's word for this -- it might well be
true, but I would appreciate some independent evidence beyond anecdote.

On off-topic issues, especially those political, I operate to a far lower
standard.

Perhaps I should start demanding sources for the rather absurd claims on
political matters which you occasionally make, BD?

If you ARE that interested in the issue, may I suggest that YOU do a Google
search:  +747 +Iraq +shell  or something along those lines.

Now, if this were a political list, I'd be on your side.  But demanding
sources on something as grossly off-topic as this on a camea nad
photography list is more than a bit absurd.  Let us end this foolishness
and get back to photography, digital or chemical.

Let it die, BD.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!