Subject: [Leica] Montreal LUGger shoots...he scores!
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Sat Aug 28 20:36:49 2004

Was at Montreal's Pierre Elliot Trudeau airport last
night, picking up the kids from their summer vacation.
Arrival delayed, I wandered around looking for some
way to kill time.  Saw an intriguing photo on a pillar
in one of the huge lobbies and, on closer look,
noticed it was credited to LUGger Liam Maloney.

It is part of a good-sized exhibition entitled
Backstage/En Coulise, photos of behind the scenes
Montreal: musicians, actors, restaurant kitchens,
cheerleaders in their dressing room -- you get the
picture.

About 25% of the images are by our man Liam, and very
good indeed, including some positively Erwitt-like dog
show pictures. The rest are also wonderful, with
numerous Leica-like available light images.

Bravo Liam! Your pictures made the place a whole lot
more humane for this anxious father.

Travellers passing through PET Airport are
well-advised to make the effort to see this work. It's
on the departure floor between the restaurants and the
shops.

The folks who organized this have a website here:

http://www.reporters.qc.ca/

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal