Subject: [Leica] Fast 85mm portraits or joy in melted backgrounds.
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Fri Aug 27 22:55:02 2004

Don, those are very nice shots and shows that the old Helios can still
strut it's stuff. I have a pair of Helios-40's but really haven't had
time to play with them. They're both in m-39 thread mount and the only
camera I have that they'll fit is a Russian START which, again, I
haven't had time to wring out. While they'll screw into a RF Leica
screw-mount body, the lens is for SLR's and won't focus correctly for a
LTM and, of course, isn't RF coupled.

The Helios-40 is a heavy, beast of a lens........ heavy enough that they
have a tripod mount on them.

Thanks for showing what I can expect from my Helios lenses.

Walker Smith

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Fast 85mm portraits or joy in melted backgrounds.)