Subject: [Leica] RE: QC / 50 'lux (was: RE: Riefenstahl's filmed Olympics)
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu Aug 26 11:01:40 2004

Actually, Gene, I can think of one possibility. "Discriminator" implies
receiving FM, doesn't it?  If the unit was a multimode receiver, perhaps
the customer "slope-tuned" a strong FM signal in the AM mode for the first
40 hours without realizing it.  Then he, or someone else found the mode
switch in the wrong position, moved it to FM, and "all of a sudden" it
didn't work.

Or there was a hairline wire strand across the mode switch that enabled
the AM detector when the switch was set to FM.  Then it fell off.

(Please note that I didn't mention a certain female film director even
once.  Except to note that, like Generalissimo Fransisco Franco, she is
still dead.)

--Peter