Subject: [Leica] Ilford press release
From: kenlass at gate.net (Ken Lassiter)
Date: Wed Aug 25 13:41:18 2004

This was just released by Ilford USA

...Ken Lassiter

ILFORD IMAGING USA INC
OPEN FOR BUSINESS
AS ILFORD RESTRUCTURES BUSINESS WORLDWIDE
Paramus, NJ (August 25, 2004)-- The accounting firm Grant Thornton
announced Monday the
appointment of partners Mark Byers, Malcolm Shierson and Les Ross as
joint administrators of our UK
parent company Ilford Imaging Limited and joint administrative receivers
of our UK affiliate Ilford
Imaging UK Limited.
The announcement pertains to those two UK companies alone. The Swiss
business, including the
ILFORD production facility in Marly, is solvent and continues to conduct
business as usual.
Similarly, Ilford Imaging USA Inc continues to do business as normal.
"The US entity is operating in a business-as-usual fashion, and is
continuing to accept and deliver
on its orders as we evaluate how the changes at the UK companies might
affect us", said Ward
Phillips, President of ILFORD Imaging USA Inc.
"We are taking every action and precaution to maintain ongoing
operations with our customers. At
the same time, behind the scenes, we will be working with our related
companies in the ILFORD
group to improve its performance and strengthen the outlook for the
future", Phillips further stated.
The ILFORD group was founded in 1879 in the UK, and more recently it has
developed into the
worlds leading supplier of dyes for inkjet photo printers and is the
second largest manufacturer of
inkjet photo paper.