Subject: [Leica] Re: Ilford news
From: amr3 at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Wed Aug 25 11:40:42 2004

>Message: 17
>Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:36:44 -0400
>From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford chapter 11?

>Personally, though I love splashing about in the darkroom, there is an
>appeal to doing digital- even with film,...

Not much for me.  I'm a Taurus, and when I find something I really like, I
stick with it. (LOVE my M3 above all other cameras)

>It's hard to find fault with a 32X40 digital print that is perfect in every
>way, and not want the means to do them down in the nasty little avaricious
>recesses of ones heart!

I still would rather have my own darkroom plus B&W film and supplies so in
my retirement I can shoot film and print my huge backlog of negatives. I
get my fill of computers and digital at work.  I have never lost my
fascination with traditional photography.

>Whatever happens- I think that the creative spirit of the folks on this
>group will be the driving force, and that whatever method of imaging is used
>will be merely a tool.
>Cheers.
>Dan

Yes, but isn't it always nicest when you can use your FAVORITE tools?

Alan

Alan Magayne-Roshak
Senior Photographer
Visual Imaging