Subject: [Leica] M7 batteries
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Wed Aug 25 05:48:11 2004

>I'm having an increasingly difficult time finding 1/3N batteries for my M7.
>I just got some from Calumet, mail-order, in the nick of time, because the
>set in the camera died a sudden death, without warning. Dead. Checking my
>records, I find I replaced batteries on 4/17, on 6/17, and here it is 8/24,
>and a new set (Duracell DL 1/3N) goes in, Leica manual says I should expect
>to get about 65 rolls of 36 exposures to a set: I'm getting more like 15
>rolls. Leica manual says I should get a warning of low battery. I don't
>remember any such warning. Dead.

Yeah, I've noticed both phenomena as well :
  1) Batteries are getting harder to find, even in Japan.  In China,
there wasn't a single store in the entire 2 billion person population
with 1/3N batteries
  2) The batteries are not lasting as long.  I think next time I'm
back in the states, my M7 might go back for a general cleaning and
see if there isn't a slow drain.

Until then, I'm carrying two sets of spares.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] M7 batteries)